Dr. B Ramesh
Founder & Medical Director of Altius Group of Hospitals
Fields Of Expertise
About Dr B. Ramesh
Dr. B. Ramesh, the visionary Medical Director and founder of Altius Hospitals, a distinguished chain in Bangalore, has been a trailblazer in Gynaecological Laparoscopy since the inception of his career. With a successful track record spanning three Multi-specialty Hospitals and a speciality clinic, Dr. Ramesh is celebrated for his profound expertise and contributions.
Recognised with numerous National and International awards for his invaluable service, he commands respect among peers. Notably, in 2011, he received the prestigious Kannada Rajyotsava state award, the highest civilian honor from the Karnataka State Government, and the Aryabhatta Award, a distinguished National recognition. He is also a recepient of Indira Gandhi Sadbhavana award and Vishweshwarayya award. Dr. B. Ramesh continues to redefine excellence in healthcare with his commitment and unwavering dedication.
- Renowned as a pioneering Gynaecology Laparoscopic surgeon in India, with a significant presence in both clinical and academic spheres across the nation.
- Regularly invited as a chairperson, speaker, and faculty for major conferences focused on Gynaecological Laparoscopy and Infertility.
- Conducts live surgical workshops and specialises in treating conditions such as severe endometriosis, laparoscopic vesico-vaginal fistula repair, tubal recanalization, large uterus removal, multiple fibroids, surgery in dense adhesions, and radical Hysterectomy.
- Proficient in various operative hysteroscopy procedures, including submucous fibroid removal, septum resection, tubal cannulation, hysteroscopic Adhesiolysis, and all methods of endometrial ablation as alternatives to hysterectomy.
- Specialized in urinary incontinence treatment, offering surgeries like TOT, TVT, Mini ARC, anterior prolift, posterior prolift, vaginal vesicovaginal fistula repair, and laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for vault prolapse.
- Achieved a remarkable milestone of performing 1,00,000 major Gynaec Laparoscopic surgeries and over 9,000 Laparoscopic Hysterectomies.
- Pioneered the use of 3D Laparoscopic surgeries in India, showcasing advanced expertise.
- Specialises in various laparoscopic sling procedures for nulliparous prolapse.
- Successfully operates 2 Laparoscopy & IVF centres in India, ensuring the delivery of top-notch healthcare services.
- F.I.C.O.G. from Indian College of Gynecologist, Mumbai in 2011
- F.C.P.S. from KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1994
- D.G.O. from KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1994
- M.D. from KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1993-94
- M.B.B.S from Mysore Medical College, Karnataka in 1988