In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
What is IVF
Infertility is failure to achieve pregnancy after 12 months of unprotected intercourse. Complete evaluation and Infertility Surgery Treatment in Bangalore for both partners is available at our Hospital. We have been successful in treating many infertile couples through ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination & IVF/ICSI (test tube baby). Our centre has a good success rate of 50-60% with IVF Centre in Bangalore couples at affordable costs.
1) Ovulation induction, follicular studies followed by either timed intercourse or Intrauterine Insemination (IUI- with husband’s or donor sperms).
2) IVF (Test tube baby). We offer highest IVF Treatment Centre in Bangalore success rates (50-60%) at affordable costs.
- Tubal factor infertility.
- Severe endometriosis.
- Failed multiple cycles of OI, IUI.
- Unexplained infertility, etc.
- Male factor infertility- very low counts, motility.
In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) literally means ‘fertilisation in glass’ giving us the familiar term ‘test tube baby’. During the IVF process, eggs are removed from the ovaries and fertilised with sperm in the laboratory. The fertilised egg (embryo) is later placed in the woman’s womb.
Women has to receive daily injections either starting from day 18 of the previous cycle or on day 2 of the cycle depending on the type of protocol planned. The dosage and the number of injections will vary from person to person depending upon their response. Once the eggs are matured, the egg pick up will be planned(under GA). After the pickup, the embryos are transferred after 3 -5 days. The result of IVF cycle will be confirmed after 2 weeks from the day of embryo transfer
Altius understands that this is a very distressing phase for a couple and they need a reliable expert to turn to. Our specialized fertility experts are highly experienced, and their technology and strict processes ensure that our success rates are amongst the highest in the country.
Is IVF for me?
- You have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
- You have been unsuccessful with other techniques like using fertility drugs or intrauterine insemination (IUI).
- Your fallopian tubes are blocked.
- There is a minor degree of male subfertility – more severe problems are treated with intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
How does IVF work For Women?
IVF techniques can differ from clinic to clinic, often depending on your individual circumstances. A typical treatment may involve:
Your eggs are mixed with your partner’s or the donor’s sperm and cultured in the laboratory for 16–20 hours. They are then checked to see if any have fertilised. Those that have been fertilised (now called embryos) are grown in the laboratory incubator for another one to two days before being checked again. The best one or two embryos will then be chosen for transfer. After egg collection, you are given medication to help prepare the lining of the womb for embryo transfer. This is given as pessaries, injection or gel.
For women under the age of 40, one or two embryos can be transferred. If you are 40, or over, a maximum of three can be used. The number of embryos is restricted because of the risks associated with multiple births. Remaining embryos may be frozen for future IVF attempts, if they are suitable.
Some clinics may also offer blastocyst transfer, where the fertilised eggs are left to mature for five to six days and then transferred.
Embryo Donation :
Indicated in : There may be fertility problems such has neither of the partners would not be able to produce healthy gametes. In this case, the best option would be suggested for Embryo Donation.
Other Indications :
- For menopausal or perimenopausal women with a sub-fertile partner.
- Recurrent IVF failures.
- Patients who are carriers of genetic disease or chromosomal abnormalities
Embryo Freezing (cryopreservation) :
Extra embryos if present in excess and of good quality are preserved so that they can be used later if the first cycle fails.
Sperm Freezing :
Sperm freezing is an option for those males who might not be present on the day of ovum pick up or intrauterine insemination. It also helps those who fail to produce their sample on the particular day due to stress.
Laser Assisted Hatching :
The procedure is based on the fact that an alteration in zona pellucida (outer covering of egg) either by drilling a hole through it or by thinning it, will promote hatching or implantation of embryos that are otherwise unable to escape intact from the zona pellucida.
Sperm Retrieval Procedures :
The testicular / epididymal sperm retrieval techniques are:
- PESA – Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration.
- MESA – Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration.
- TESA – Testicular Sperm Aspiration.
- TESE – Testicular Sperm Extraction.
Semen Banking :
These facilities are available in Altius Hospital. The bank contains frozen sperm from voluntary donors with various backgrounds and physical characteristics to match with the individual needs. Donors are screened thoroughly to rule out transmission of any infectious or genetic diseases.
Other treatment modalities for infertile patients
- Laparoscopic tubal recanalization.
- First IVF/ICSI Baby.
- Success rates of 50-60%.
- Successfully delivered babies through IVF.
- Successfully delivered babies by ovum donation and embryo donation.
- Successfully delivered babies through surrogacy.
- Important contribution to overall pregnancy rates by embryo freezing.
- High success rates with IUI treatment.